June 22, 2020 Fr. Kenute’s email & cellphone
Sisters and Brothers in Christ,
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
It is a joy and a privilege to join you in ministry here at St Hilda’s and I thank Bishop Jenny and the wardens for the trust placed in me.
I want to share a few things with you.
1. The College of Bishops of the Province Ontario have decided that Churches should remain closed for the Summer in order to observe a sabbath rest and to retool for ministry in the pandemic era. You can find the text of Archbishop Anne’s letter here. Bishop Andrew Absil re-echoes that challenge in response to those who feel we should open our churches. You can also see the text of Bishop Andrew’s letter here. I know you are anxious to get back to church but let us use this time to continue to care for each other as we stay apart and to plan for the days we reopen.
2. Many persons have been asking about how they can continue to give their offerings. On behalf of the corporation I particularly thank you for your diligence and commitment to the ministries of the church both in the stewardship of yourself and the giving of your offering. We could never do it without you. The wardens had written a letter to you creating an opportunity for offering drop off at the church for 3 weeks. At a meeting of the Corporation the matter of creating more opportunities and options for parishioners to give was discussed.
I. The drop box at Church on Saturdays and Sundays from 10am-12noon will be extended until further notice due to the fact that churches will be closed for the summer. Please feel free to drop by and drop your offering.
II. You can also mail your offering (cheque) to: St. Hilda’s Anglican Church, 2353 Dufferin Street. Toronto ON. M6E 5A5
iii. The corporation is presently in consultation with the bank looking at the options of E-Transfers and E-Givings. We will share more as soon as these are set up.
3. The following activities /meetings will resume according to schedule by zoom.
I. Advisory Board Meeting – July 26, 12:30pm.
II. Bible Study – July 13 and 26, 7pm.
III. Weekly Online Sunday School Program– beginning July 12. The Sunday School ministry team has met and plans are on the way to feature this program through You tube, the website and Facebook. Please look out for the fliers and notices.
4. Beginning June 30, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I will be doing mid-day devotions/prayers, live streamed on Facebook which will also be uploaded to You tube and the website for those who will watch or participate later.
5. Our new website is www.sthildasanglicanchurch.com. Please visit and you can sign up as an active member to receive notices and to be part of our forum. Thanks to Bill Khan for building this website and maintaining it.
6. Our Facebook page is St. Hilda’s Fairbank Anglican Church. Thanks to the Acolyte- Servers Guild for creating this page and maintaining it. If you are not yet on Facebook, please consider doing same and visiting your church’s Facebook page.
7. Our Sunday services are presently pre-recorded on Saturdays and set to premiere through our YouTube channel on Sundays at 10:30am via website, YouTube and Facebook. Choose which ever option you want to use to participate. I am inviting the whole St Hilda’s Family to gather together online Sundays at 10:30am to participate in the worship. We want to have as many of you participating in doing readings, prayers etc. We are still the church gathering in the spirit. Looking forward for your participation.
8. Physical distancing is difficult for many persons and in this time of uncertainty when much is happening and impacting our lives, we want to be sure to be reaching out to each other. Call on one another, offer help where necessary, pray with and for each other and give a listening ear. Remember those who are sick and those who have struggles in our parish and others who seek our prayers. If you are sick please let us know, I would love to be able to reach out to you.
9. My email is email@example.com and cell number is 437- 488 – 9657. Please do not hesitate to communicate with me any suggestions, questions, concerns. We are here to serve you and have your best interest at heart. Help us also to know how best we can serve you.
10. Thank you for all that you do in the name of Christ and his church. Continue to be a light for Christ. I also want to thank the wardens for their diligence and also Bill Khan with the help of Avery Morris for their work in the area of technology etc. They have been working assiduously to ensure that we are online in these days when the most we can do as church is to serve through the online media.
Whatever we seek to do on a daily basis we aught to do our utmost best to ensure our safety and those of others. Please stay firm in your faith and steadfast in you hope.
Yours in Christ Service
Kenute Francis (Rev.)