APR 14TH, 2023
TOPIC • DATE & TIME • VENUE
ST. CHAD'S ANGLICAN CHURCH
1695 DUFFERIN STREET • TORONTO • ONTARIO
Worship With Us
10:30 AM Sung Eucharist and Church School
In Person and Online
10:30 AM – in the Chapel
7:00 PM on Zoom
2nd and 4th Mondays
A Trinity College Student was assigned to Fairbank Village to determine what could be done to provide permanent Anglican services in the area. As a result, Fairbank Mission began its first services in the ballroom of McFarlane’s Hotel in July. For the next eleven years, Trinity College students under the supervision of Christ Church, Deer Park led the Mission.
A site was purchased at the intersection of Dufferin Street and Vaughan Road for a permanent home for St. Hilda’s and the cornerstone was laid by the Bishop of Toronto on May 11, Ascension Day. The old St. Thomas building from Essex and Huron Streets, which was donated by that parish to St. Hilda’s, was reconstructed on the site, largely by the Mission congregation.
On September 12, after a few troubled years, the Mission became part of the parish of St. Michael and All Angels. Over the next few years the Mission thrived and the building was extended twice to accommodate the growing membership.
A campaign to raise funds for a new building was started.
On November 14, the cornerstone was laid in a ceremony conducted by the Bishop of the Diocese. St. Hilda’s Memorial Church opened with a service of dedication in 1954.
Today, St. Hilda’s Anglican Church is a vibrant, warm, spiritual cornerstone in the community.
We welcome all residents, family, friends, neighbours, members of the community and environs to visit us at St. Hilda’s, in the Church or in our multi-denominational Chapel, or to take part in our many activities.
The purpose of St. Hilda's Church is to be Christ-centered in our life and worship, to serve lovingly those within our family and others within our reach that the spirit of God might empower us for worship, service, education, stewardship, evangelism, and pastoral care.
“There is no salvation outside the church”